Monday, February 27, 2012

Once upon a time..

On Tuesday, Whitney and I got up at 3 to catch a 4am train to Rothenburg ob der Tauber. It was with out a doubt the cutest town I have ever seen. It's a medieval town that was fist built in 970 ad and gained significance during the Thirty Year's War. There is a wall that protects the town. Everything is old timey, and all the streets are cobble stone. It's perfectly adorable. You can even walk in the wall like guards would have done in the day.
When we got there we had lunch at a "snack" place, that offered smaller meals for reasonable place. It was really pretty good. We got a sausage and potato platter for only 3 euros. We then walked the town and went into all the little shops. I bought so many souvenirs here, I don't even want to add up how much I spent. The town is also famous for its cuckoo clocks and Christmas museum. The Christmas Museum/store was giant and perfect. I wish I could have taken pictures of it, but it wasn't allowed. There were lights, and toys and ornaments everywhere. It was basically how I want my wedding to look. It was so fantastic.
After walking the town for the whole day, we ended up going back to the same place for dinner because it was the only thing open. I got a belgium waffle with nutella and it was pretty tasty.
Everyone needs to go to this town for the day. It is a perfect taste of old Germany.


 The littlest dusting of snow made this town that much more perfect.
 These are little deep fried dough things that are a Rothenburg specialty. Really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment