Sunday, February 5, 2012

A 4 hour meal

Last night at 7:15 we met up with some French friends for dinner at a restaurant at the Place de la Victoire called L'Ougafaut or something like that. But it's an authentic French restaurant serving many authentic Auvergne region meals. I got a "menu" option, that came with 3 courses for abou 20 euros.
First, I had an Auvergne salad, it had nuts, cheese, eggs and ham. The dressing was pretty good. Kinda like honey mustard
Then, I had truffade, a special Auvergne dish made with potatoes, ham and locally made cheese called Tome. It was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had. I want to learn how to make it. I also ordered the red wine that was suggested to go with it, which I think was also made in the region.
For dessert. Creme brulée.

We left the restaurant at 10 til 11. (A very long meal, but that's how the French eat) We went to La Maison de la Culture to see the final show in the Court Metrage Festival (short films) The festival had been going on for 2 weeks and last night was the finalé where they showed the best films in the whole festival.

It was a really fun, French night!

No comments:

Post a Comment