Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Le jour du mariage

In my class, there are about 15 of us. There's me, then 14 Chinese kids. The speak relatively decent French, but some of their accents are really hard to understand. But I'm learning some of their names and tell them all that I've been to China so they accept me as one of them.

Anyway, today in class we had to break up into groups and were assigned a scenario and we had to create a dialogue about the scenario and act it out. So I was in a group with two other Chinese girls and our situation was "Marie is getting married, she meets with her friends to tell them about her wedding plans." I thought it was on purpose, since that is my life right now, but it wasn't! My teacher didn't even realize I was engaged. So I tell her about it and show her my ring and everything (which she was instantly jealous of). So, the girls are so busy asking me questions that we don't actually write anything down. So when it's our turn to present, we just reenact the conversation we had before and I tell the whole class about the fabulous wedding I'm planning.

One question that the girls in my group (Yuan-yuan and Qinsomething.. I call her Q) were really interested in was my dress. So I told them after lunch I'd bring a picture to show them. Well, we reconvened in the afternoon and I show the 2 my dress, but that turns into the whole class looking at it, including the teacher, then our other teacher comes in and she has to look at it and wants all the details of the wedding as well. Two hours later, class is over, 16 more people are added to the guest list and I effectively got us out of a 2 hour lecture, you're welcome kids.

Tomorrow they want to hear "It had to be you" by Frank Sinatra because I said that was a song I am considering for our first dance. Maybe this level isn't all bad.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch this convo!

    ReplyDelete