Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Roma Part 2

The next day we went to the Vatican. Really spectacular. We spent all day there. The Sistine Chapel was much smaller than I excepted. I thought it would be really big but it's actually a pretty small room. The ceiling was, of course, most impressive. Seeing David and God's fingers nearly touching was all I needed to see and it fulfilled my expectations. Really remarkable.




Papal rings and rosary. I bought myself a rosary from the Vatican, although I'm not Catholic it's still pretty cool since it came from the Vatican.

 The fake Pieta

 St Paul's Cathedral was so beautiful. It's so big and amazing.


 The real Pieta- Mary holding Jesus after the crucifixion


Rome was really spectacular. It was my favorite city that we visited in Italy. I would go back if I had the opportunity. It's a stunning place to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment