Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Comme vous voulez.

Saturday, Loviisa's birthday, we went to Montmartre where our hotel was and saw Sacre Coeur. It's so beautiful. We didnt go inside this time, but I will when I go back in a few weeks. Then we did some shopping around the basilica. The best souvenirs are in Montmartre. 



Then we climbed up the Eiffel Tower. It was a great experience. I recommend climbing the stairs to the second level then taking the elevator all the way up. The line is shorter that way. It was a great view of Paris. We got lucky too because there was no wind at all on ground level and it was fairly warm, 65 or so and not raining. 



After that we went and saw the Arc de Triomphe again and did some shopping then headed to the hotel. it always rains when I go to the Champs Elysees. hm. 



Happy 24th Birthday Loviisa! Jeez, you are such a granny. :) 

1 comment:

  1. A great thing about studying in France is that you are so close to all those Paris landmarks. Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeaur, Notre Dame....ahh...I just wonder when it will be the next time I enjoy them again. Nice pictures Kari!

    ReplyDelete