Thursday, May 31, 2012

Je vais manquer...

As the end of my study abroad approaches and my days and dwindling in France, I've been reflecting on my time here. I am very much looking forward to going home and seeing my family and friends but I am also anxious to return to Europe.

Things I will miss about France:
1-Baguettes for under 1 euro. Delicious, warm baguettes.
2- Banana Nutella Crepes.
3- 2 hour long lunches
4- Walking everywhere
5- having Sundays off. For real off.
6- Knowing that you will see everyone in the park on a nice day.
7- speaking French
8- these delicious chocolate banana granola bars that cost .48¢
9- Paris
10- The wonderful people I have met.

Even if I end up failing all of my classes, which let's be honest is a possibility, I have made the most of my time here. I saw things, I traveled, I learned, I spoke French, I made new lasting friendships. Parts of this trip were difficult and times I wanted to leave, but I have grown so much here and feel that I have truly become a new, stronger person since being here.

I truly believe that every single college student needs to study abroad at one point in his or her studies. For a summer, a semester or a year, get out there and just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment