Friday, April 27, 2012

Venice, Italy

Wednesday morning Whitney and I got up and headed to Venice, leaving Larissa and Loviisa in Nice to see their respective parents.

The trip to Venice was pretty long, but I had Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on audiobook, so it gave me something to listen to. When we finally arrived in Venice around 5pm we got on a water bus service to the island where our hostel was located. Water transportation was something I had to get used to. We made it to our hostel, a really big place with loads of people, but it really wasn't very nice. There was never any hot water which made for a fun 2 nights. But it was the cheapest option

We met up with Whitney's friend Dawn there who would be accompanying us throughout our trip in Italy.  For dinner that night we went to a pizza place down the street where we got a slice of pizza for 3 euro.

We had one full day to see Venice and we decided to just walk around. In Venice on the island of Murano there is a glass blowing factory. We watched them blow glass for a bit and of course couldnt resist getting some souvenirs!

Then we went to the main island and just wondered. It is a really beautiful city, despite the dirtiness that is Italy.




I had my first gelato. Delicious. Cookies and chocolate chop. A delicious combination.

For dinner we stopped in at a little restaurant that we found. I got spaghetti and tiramisu for dessert. Really, really good. The serving was just my size too since it was technically a first course. Chris would have wondered where the rest of it was, but I was satisfied. :)


Over all a really great day in Venice. I loved it and thought it was beautiful. I don't know if it would be top on my list to go back to if I returned to Italy, but it was really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment