Thursday, March 22, 2012

A very merry un-birthday to me!

My week in London with my family was really great! Corben and Kristina arrived last Thursday night and Chris arrived the following Friday night. We stayed in a crappy little hotel near a tube stop that had a couple of great little pubs nearby as well as a McDonald's! Yum! We did loads of stuff so be sure to check in this week to hear all about our time in London!

We each had a London Pass that got us into tons of attractions for free. We also got the travel card which saved us loads of time and money on the underground. It was also good for the buses and above ground trains too but we didn't use those very much.

On Saturday, St. Patrick's Day, we went and saw Parliament and Big Ben first thing. I figure that's what makes you really feel like you're there. It was a pretty typical London day: cold and rainy, but we still saw quite a lot. We went to Westminster Chapel, the Royal Mews, the Jewel House (which does not hold the crown jewels), and Buckingham Palace. I wasn't all that impressed with Buckingham, but it was still cool to see.





We went to a really great pub for lunch. Chris and I shared some sausage and mash and chips. It was really delicious! We ended up going back to the hotel around 4 or so because it was rainy but we enjoyed some British reality TV which was really amusing and went back to a pub for drinks for St. Patty's Day


It was so nice to be with everyone and just hang out. We talked and laughed and just had a really great day!

1 comment:

  1. When I go to London, I'm going for the food. If I happen to see Big Ben and all the other stuff, it will be because I saw it on the way to eat good food!

    ReplyDelete