Monday, May 7, 2012

More Paris

Because I just did't get my fill in April, I went back to Paris this weekend with Loviisa.

We took at 6 am train Friday and made it there by 9. We first headed the the Bastille, which was a bit of a let down, but oh well.


Then we went to the Musée d'Orsay. I went to the Louvre on the last trip to Paris, and I have to say that between the two I preferred Orsay. First of all, Degas' works are there and I love Degas. Also lots of Van Gough, Renoir, Monet and Manet are there as well. I guess I just prefer impressionist paintings.


Next we went to the Invalids. It was pretty cool too, especially if you like military history.



 Napoleon's tomb is in the Invalids


Then we walked to the Champs Elysees and passed the Grand and Petit Palais




To end our day, we decided to climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe



And boy did it have a good view!

Then we headed out to the airport to pick up Loviisa's friend Miia! Hauskatavata new Finnish friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment